Hand wired – Single ended 5W – Gig amp
The Strange Amp SE1-8 (8” Speaker) is a simple tube amp modeled after the classic small guitar amps of the 50’s and 60’s. This is a fairly typical design that resembles entry level amps of these times. Loads of tone with 5W of power. Although it is a practice amp, you can certainly mic it and use it in a gig. The tone is warm and round. With the FAT switch the tone can be sharped up.
Possible options on request (1-3 weeks lead time, ask for price)
- 12AU7 preamp tube (more “clean” tone, less overdrive possibilities)
- Line-Out (1/4” Jack bottom plate)
- Hi/lo input inputs (+1 1/4” Jack)
- Effect loop (2 x 1/4” Jack bottom plate )
- Headphone-Out (1/4” bottom plate or 3.5mm Jack front plate)
- Bigger speaker and chassis:
- Amp SE1-10b, 10” speaker (Jensen) chassis 33cm width and 25cm depth
- Amp SE1-12, 12” speaker (Jensen) chassis 40cm width and 28cm depth
- Other tolex colors or artificial leather (e.g. crocodile, python, etc. effect).
Ask for pictures or send us an example. We find it. (price on request)